Go to Settings>Apps and tap an app like a browser you might have installed. You'll be taken to the App info screen for that app. Scroll down to the 'Launch by default' section. If the app is already the default, like Chrome set as the default browser, tap the 'Clear Defaults' button.
- How do I change the default SMS app on Android?
- How do I set the default SMS app?
- How do I change Android launcher back to default?
- What is the default SMS app on Android?
- How do I change the default app in Android?
- How do I change my text message settings?
- How can I activate SMS?
- How do I reset my message settings on my Android?
- How do I reinstall my Messages app?
How do I change the default SMS app on Android?
How to Change the Default Messaging app on Android
- Access the Settings Menu by swiping down the notification shade or tapping on the Settings icon.
- Scroll down until you find Personal>Apps.
- Tap on Default (it's the third option)
How do I set the default SMS app?
How to set your default texting app on Android
- Open the Settings on your phone.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Default apps. Source: Joe Maring / Android Central.
- Tap SMS app.
- Tap the app you want to switch to.
- Tap OK. Source: Joe Maring / Android Central.
How do I change Android launcher back to default?
Reset your Android phone to the default launcher
- Step 1: Run the Settings app.
- Step 2: Tap Apps, then swipe over to the All heading.
- Step 3: Scroll down until you find the name of your current launcher, then tap it.
- Step 4: Scroll down to the Clear Defaults button, then tap it.
What is the default SMS app on Android?
Google is making a handful of announcements related to RCS today, but the piece of news you're most likely to notice is that the default SMS app Google offers is now called “Android Messages” instead of “Messenger.” Or rather, it will be the default RCS app.
How do I change the default app in Android?
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. Default apps.
- Tap the default that you want to change.
- Tap the app that you want to use by default.
How do I change my text message settings?
Change global settings
- Open the Messages app .
- Tap More options. Settings. Stop notifications from other apps: Tap Notifications. Turn off All "Default settings" notifications. Get notifications on your phone from Messages: Tap Notifications. Turn on All “Messages for web” notifications.
How can I activate SMS?
To activate text message alerts click on Account > Notifications > In the Text Message Alerts choose Daily, Weekly or Never > Select your Mobile Provider > Enter your Phone Number > Click Activate > Click Save.
How do I reset my message settings on my Android?
Follow these steps to reset SMS settings to default values on Android:
- Open Messages.
- Choose Settings.
- Reset all settings to factory values.
- Restart your device.
How do I reinstall my Messages app?
- Tap on Google Play store.
- Tap on Search and search Messages by Google.
- Tap on the app and select Uninstall.
- Tap OK.
- Tap on Update.