To set a PDF viewer as the default on Mac OS X:
- Select any PDF file from Finder. Control-click to open the menu. ...
- Choose Get Info from the menu that opens. ...
- From the Open with: section in the new window that opens, select your preferred application, such as Adobe Reader or Preview. ...
- Click the Change All button.
- How do I change my default PDF viewer?
- How do I change the default file opener on Mac?
- How do I change my default PDF viewer in Chrome?
- How do I make preview my default picture viewer?
- How do I make preview my default photo viewer on Mac?
- How do I change the default open with?
- What are the default apps on Mac?
How do I change my default PDF viewer?
Changing the default pdf viewer (to Adobe Reader)
- Click on the Start button and select the Settings cog.
- In the Windows Settings display, select System.
- Within the System list, select Default apps.
- At the bottom of the Choose default apps page, select Set defaults by app.
- The Set Default Programs window will open.
How do I change the default file opener on Mac?
How to change the default Mac app for specific file types
- Right-click on a file that uses the file type you'd like to change the default for. ...
- Click on Get Info in the pop-up.
- Click Open With if the section isn't already expanded. ...
- Click the drop down menu.
- Click the app you want to use. ...
- Click Change All...
How do I change my default PDF viewer in Chrome?
Type or paste chrome://settings/content into address bar. A pop-up labeled "Content Settings..." will open. Scroll down to the bottom to "PDF Documents" Select or deselect the check box labelled "Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application"
How do I make preview my default picture viewer?
If you want to make the image viewer the default program that opens certain image file types:
- In the files app, right click the file and choose Properties.
- Go to the Open With tab. A list of Recommended Applications will appear.
- Select the Image Viewer and click Set as default. ...
- Click Close.
How do I make preview my default photo viewer on Mac?
How can I make Apple's Preview the default viewer? Highlight the . jpeg file and press *Command + i* to open the info box for the file, where you will be able to select Open With and select Preview, and then also click on Change All.
How do I change the default open with?
On the latest version of stock Android, you need to open up the Settings app, then choose Apps & notifications, then Advanced, then Default apps. All the available categories, like browser and SMS, are listed. To change a default, just tap on the category, and make a new choice.
What are the default apps on Mac?
While the likes of Mail, iTunes and Safari are set as the default applications on your Mac - meaning they launch automatically when you open an email, audio file or web link - it's easy to give these duties to other apps of your choosing.