Fix fix blank Start menu tiles with these solutions
- Pin the Tiles to the Start Menu Again.
- Restart the Windows Explorer With Task Manager.
- Open the Start Menu Troubleshooter.
- Run a System File Scan.
- Reset Start Menu Apps.
- Set Up a new User Account.
- Restore Windows to a Restore Point.
- How do I get my start menu back to normal in Windows 10?
- How do I get my tiles back on the Start menu?
- How do I restore tiles in Windows 10?
- How do I fix the Start menu icon?
- How do I fix Windows start menu not working?
- How do I add tiles to Start menu in Windows 10?
- How do I enable the Start menu in Windows 10?
- Where are my tiles in Windows 10?
- How do I get live tiles on my desktop Windows 10?
- How do I put tiles on my desktop Windows 10?
How do I get my start menu back to normal in Windows 10?
How to switch between the Start menu and Start screen in Windows...
- To make the Start screen the default instead, click the Start button and then click the Settings command.
- At the Settings window, click the setting for Personalization.
- At the Personalization window, click the option for Start.
How do I get my tiles back on the Start menu?
Just head to Settings > Personalization > Start and turn on the “Show more tiles on Start” option. With the “Show more tiles on Start” option on, you can see that the tile column has expanded by the width of one medium-sized tile.
How do I restore tiles in Windows 10?
Method 2. Repair or Reset the missing apps manually
- Press Windows key + I and open Apps.
- Expand the Apps & features section and find the app that is not visible on the Start Menu.
- Click on the app's entry and select Advanced options.
- If you see a Repair option, click it.
How do I fix the Start menu icon?
Right-click a tile that has a missing icon and from the context menu, go to resize. Change the size of the icon to anything that isn't currently selected. This ought to get the tile to appear again. Restart your system to see if the fix works after a reboot.
How do I fix Windows start menu not working?
If you have an issue with the Start Menu, the first thing you can try to do is restart the “Windows Explorer” process in the Task Manager. To open the Task Manager, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then click the “Task Manager” button.
How do I add tiles to Start menu in Windows 10?
Pin and unpin tiles
To pin an app to the right panel of the Start menu as a tile, find the app in the center-left panel of the Start menu and right-click it. Click Pin to Start, or drag and drop it into the tile section of the Start menu.
How do I enable the Start menu in Windows 10?
First, open “Settings” by clicking the “Start” menu and selecting the “Gear” icon on the left. (You can also press Windows+I.) When Settings opens, click “Personalization” on the main screen. In Personalization, select “Start” from the sidebar to open the “Start” settings.
Where are my tiles in Windows 10?
How to show more tiles on the Start Menu, in Windows 10
- Access Settings from the Windows 10 Start Menu.
- Go to Personalization in Windows 10 Settings.
- The Start option under Personalization.
- Turn on the switch to Show more tiles on Start.
- Windows 10 Start Menu with the default tiles and more tiles.
How do I get live tiles on my desktop Windows 10?
You can pin Live tiles to the desktop in Windows10 by dragging from start menu and dropping in on the desktop. However, the live tiles will be displayed as normal tiles.
How do I put tiles on my desktop Windows 10?
- Click or tap the Start button.
- Open the Settings application.
- Click or tap on "System"
- In the pane on the left of the screen scroll all the way to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"
- Ensure the toggle is set to off to your preference.