Set Windows 7 as the Default OS on Dual Boot System Step-By-Step
- Click Windows Start button and type msconfig and Press Enter (or click it with the mouse)
- Click Boot Tab, Click Windows 7 (or whichever OS you want to set as default at boot) and Click Set as Default. ...
- Click either box to finish the process.
- How do I set Windows as Default OS when Dual Booting Ubuntu?
- How do I make Windows default to boot?
- How do I change the dual boot settings in Windows 10?
- How do I change the default OS in GRUB bootloader?
- How do I change the default boot manager?
- How do I change my default OS to dual boot Windows 10 and Kali?
How do I set Windows as Default OS when Dual Booting Ubuntu?
Once installed, search for Grub Customizer in the menu and open it.
- Start Grub Customizer.
- Select Windows Boot Manager and move it to the top.
- Once Windows is on the top, save your changes.
- Now you'll boot into Windows by default.
- Reduce the default boot time in Grub.
How do I make Windows default to boot?
To Choose Default OS in System Configuration (msconfig)
- Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog, type msconfig into Run, and click/tap on OK to open System Configuration.
- Click/tap on the Boot tab, select the OS (ex: Windows 10) you want as the "default OS", click/tap on Set as default, and click/tap on OK. (
How do I change the dual boot settings in Windows 10?
Change Default OS In Boot Menu With MSCONFIG
Finally, you can use the built-in msconfig tool to change the boot timeout. Press Win + R and type msconfig in the Run box. On the boot tab, select the desired entry in the list and click the button Set as default. Click the Apply and OK buttons and you are done.
How do I change the default OS in GRUB bootloader?
Select default OS (GRUB_DEFAULT)
Open /etc/default/grub file using any text editor, for example nano. Find the line "GRUB_DEFAULT". We can select the default OS to boot using this option. If you set the value as "0", the first operating system in the GRUB boot menu entry will boot.
How do I change the default boot manager?
In the left pane, click on the Advanced system settings link. Under the Advanced tab, click on the Settings button under Startup and Recovery. Under System Startup, select a operating system from the drop down menu to be the new default operating system, then click on OK.
How do I change my default OS to dual boot Windows 10 and Kali?
Now you have to set Windows 10 as the default OS so that your system will boot directly to Windows during startup. So go to the “Edit Boot Menu” option and tick Windows 10 or your Windows version and finally hit the “Save settings” button. And finally, restart your PC and boot into Kali.