- Select the desktop menu button in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Select System Settings.
- In the search bar (located in the upper-left corner), type default, then select Applications when it appears.
- In the center pane, select Web Browser.
- Select In the following application.
- How do I reset KDE to default settings?
- How do I change the default program in Linux?
- Where are KDE settings stored?
- How do I optimize KDE?
- How do I restart KDE Plasma?
- How do I restore Ubuntu to factory settings?
- How do I change settings in Ubuntu?
- How do I change default browser in Ubuntu?
- How do I change the default media player in Ubuntu?
- Why is KDE so slow?
How do I reset KDE to default settings?
For quick reference, I'm giving the steps below.
- Log out of your kde desktop.
- Open a console session by pressing Ctrl + Alt + F1.
- Give your username and password.
- Run rm -rf .kde/share/config/plasma-*
- now you can log out of the console session by logout command or pressing Ctrl + D.
How do I change the default program in Linux?
Change the default application
- Select a file of the type whose default application you want to change. For example, to change which application is used to open MP3 files, select a . ...
- Right-click the file and select Properties.
- Select the Open With tab.
- Select the application you want and click Set as default.
Where are KDE settings stored?
Configuration. Most settings for KDE applications are stored in ~/. config/ .
How do I optimize KDE?
Ask tips/tricks to optimize Kde (plasma 5)
- disable desktop effects, transparencies, and other fireworks.
- disable unnecessary services.
- disable KRunner, indexing and file searching.
- remove unnecessary applets from the desktop, taskbar and system tray.
How do I restart KDE Plasma?
Restart KDE without rebooting the computer
- Save and close all open applications.
- Use the Ctrl-Alt-Backspace shortcut keys to restart KDE.
- If Ctrl-Alt-Backspace is disabled, type sudo /etc/init.d/kdm restart.
How do I restore Ubuntu to factory settings?
There is no such thing as factory reset in ubuntu. You have to run a live disk/usb drive of any linux distro and backup your data and then reinstall ubuntu.
How do I change settings in Ubuntu?
Click the wheel in the top right corner of the panel and then select System Settings . Show activity on this post. Systems Settings is there as default short-cut in the Unity sidebar. If you hold down your "Windows" key, the sidebar should pop up.
How do I change default browser in Ubuntu?
How to Change the Default Browser in Ubuntu
- Open 'System Settings'
- Select the 'Details' item.
- Select 'Default Applications' in the sidebar.
- Change the 'Web' entry from 'Firefox' to your preferred choice.
How do I change the default media player in Ubuntu?
Ubuntu – How to set VLC Media Player as default video player
- Click on the arrow at the top right of the screen.
- Click on the 'Settings' icon.
- Using the left hand menu, open 'Details' then 'Default Applications'
- Change 'Video' to 'VLC Media Player' (you may also want to do the same for 'Music')
- Close the window the save the changes.
Why is KDE so slow?
One of the most common reasons that KDE Plasma 5 slows down on low-resource computers is the graphical effects. They take a significant toll on system resources (mainly your GPU). So, a quick way to speed up the KDE Plasma 5 desktop is to drastically reduce or turn off fancy graphical effects off on the desktop.