How to prevent users from installing Extensions in Google Chrome
- Press Win+R to open the Run prompt.
- Type gpedit. ...
- Navigate to Extensions in Computer Configuration.
- Double-click on Configure extension installation blocklist setting.
- Choose the Enabled option.
- Click the Show button.
- Enter * as the Value.
- How do I restrict Chrome extensions?
- Do you need admin rights to install Chrome extensions?
- How do I stop extensions being removed?
- How do I block a website on Chrome without an extension?
- Is blocked by the administrator Chrome extension?
How do I restrict Chrome extensions?
- Sign in to your Google Admin console. ...
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices. ...
- Click Apps & extensions. ...
- To apply the setting to all users and enrolled browsers, leave the top organizational unit selected. ...
- Find the app that you want to configure policies for.
- Under Installation policy, choose Block.
- Click Save.
Do you need admin rights to install Chrome extensions?
Applies to Windows users who sign in to a managed account on Chrome browser. As an administrator, you can automatically install Chrome apps and extensions on users' computers. You can also control which apps or extensions users can install.
How do I stop extensions being removed?
The only real way to protect an extension from being uninstalled or disabled is an enterprise policy. ExtensionInstallForceList allows to add extensions that cannot be disabled or removed.
How do I block a website on Chrome without an extension?
Steps to Block Websites on Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome. Go to Settings using the three dots menu on the top-right near the address bar.
- Then under “People” you will find “Manage Other People”
- Now click on “Add Person” and fill out the name of the new user. ...
- Add the list of websites that you want to block.
Is blocked by the administrator Chrome extension?
It is because your computer's administrator user (mostly like the IT department if it is your work computer) blocked installing certain Chrome extensions through group policies. ...