Command-O is the default for opening files and folders but you could set your own key combination in System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts>App Shortcuts. Shift clicking items from A to B already does select the items in-between. - enter key to open a file or folder versus renaming it.
- How do you give permission to a file on a Mac?
- Why is my enter key not working on my Mac?
- How do I make a folder writable on a Mac?
- How do I change app permissions on Mac?
- How do you press Enter without pressing enter?
- Why my Enter button is not working?
- How do you fix a dead key on a MacBook pro?
- How do I make a writable folder?
- How do I unlock a folder on Mac?
- How do I access folders on Mac?
How do you give permission to a file on a Mac?
Apply permissions to all items in a folder or a disk
- On your Mac, select a folder or disk, then choose File > Get Info. If the lock at the bottom right is locked , click it to unlock the Get Info options, then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click the Action pop-up menu , then choose “Apply to enclosed items”.
Why is my enter key not working on my Mac?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Accessibility, and then click Keyboard. Make sure Slow Keys is turned off. ... Select the checkbox next to Keyboard & Character Viewer, and then select “Show Input menu in menu bar.” Open the Input menu and make sure the correct keyboard layout is selected.
How do I make a folder writable on a Mac?
Make a directory writable by Apache in Mac OS X Maverick
- Set the ownership of your desired directory/file to the _www user: sudo chown -R _www:staff path/to/folder.
- Set the permissions so that the _www can write in the directory/file without giving permissions to everyone else: sudo chmod -R 755 path/to/folder. Problem solved. Happy coding :-)
How do I change app permissions on Mac?
Once you're in System Preferences > Security and Privacy, click the Privacy tab near the top-right side of the window. If you'd like to make any changes, click the lock in the bottom left corner if your Mac is password protected. Now click on an option in the left sidebar to see what permissions your apps have.
How do you press Enter without pressing enter?
You can use CTRL + J or CTRL + M as an alternative to Enter .
Why my Enter button is not working?
You may be using an incompatible or outdated keyboard driver, which is why the Enter key is not working. ... Once you've uninstalled your keyboard driver, restart your computer. When your PC reboots, your system will install the keyboard driver automatically. So, you should check if the Enter key is finally working.
How do you fix a dead key on a MacBook pro?
How to Repair a Dead Key on a Mac Keyboard
- Insert the end of your tweezers under the dead key and gently pry up to pop it out of place. ...
- Use your tweezers to remove the plastic hinge from the bottom side of the key.
How do I make a writable folder?
- chmod +w <directory> or chmod a+w <directory> - Write permission for user, group and others.
- chmod u+w <directory> - Write permission for user.
- chmod g+w <directory> - Write permission for group.
- chmod o+w <directory> - Write permission for others.
How do I unlock a folder on Mac?
How to Unlock Folders on a Mac Desktop
- Right-click the folder (or click while holding down the "Ctrl" key if you're not using a mouse with right-click functionality) and select the Get Info option from the context menu.
- Click the box next to the Locked option to remove the check mark from the box and unlock the folder.
How do I access folders on Mac?
To find your Home folder, open Finder and use the keyboard shortcut Command-Shift-H. You can use the Go pull-down menu from the menu bar to go to the Home folder.