Use the search bar at the top to look for a flag called “Omnibox Google Drive Document Suggestions”. Open the dropdown next to it, and select Disabled from the menu. Relaunch Chrome and it should start prioritizing URLs over search results.
- How do I prioritize Google Chrome?
- How do I change Google search suggestions?
- How do I enable Omnibox in Chrome?
- How do I customize and control Google Chrome?
- How do I change how much RAM Chrome uses?
- How do I give Chrome more RAM?
- How do I delete search suggestions?
- How do I remove Google search predictions?
- Why is Google not showing suggestions?
How do I prioritize Google Chrome?
To set a high priority to Google Chrome, open the Windows Task Manager by pressing "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" together. Then run the Browser and from Task Manager Find out the chrome.exe. Right click on it and set the priority higher.
How do I change Google search suggestions?
Go to the Settings menu, which can be found by clicking the three vertical dots in the menu bar. You'll be directed to a new tab in Chrome. Select “Advanced” at the bottom. In the Privacy section, deselect the “Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar” option.
How do I enable Omnibox in Chrome?
Open up Chrome and click the Wrench >> Settings option. Scroll down the settings page and click or unclick the Enable Instant for Faster Searching (omnibox input may be logged). If you're enabling instant search, Chrome will display an extra confirmation window.
How do I customize and control Google Chrome?
Open Google Chrome > in the top right, click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon, then click Settings. Click Site Settings. Click Pop-ups and redirects. In the Allow section, click Add.
How do I change how much RAM Chrome uses?
Reduce Chrome high memory usage & make it use less RAM
- Close Unused Tabs.
- Run a Malware Scan.
- Enable Hardware Acceleration.
- Remove conflicting browser Extensions.
- Creating a new User Profile for Google Chrome.
- Disable the Site Isolation feature.
- Turn on Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly.
How do I give Chrome more RAM?
Give Chrome more system memory
Changing a little-known Chrome setting can speed it up by giving it more of your system memory. First, type this into the address bar: chrome://flags/#max-tiles-for-interest-area. Then change the default to 512. That's it.
How do I delete search suggestions?
- Open the Google Chrome App.
- Tap the Three Vertical Dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Ensure Search and site suggestions is unchecked.
How do I remove Google search predictions?
Open Chrome. In the top right, click the Chrome menu>Click Settings > Show advanced settings. In the "Privacy" section, uncheck "Use prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar.
Why is Google not showing suggestions?
If the autocomplete feature is enabled but still not working, try disabling the account sync feature in the People tab as mentioned previously. Click on Turn off to the right of your name and email address. Then restart Google Chrome and enable sync again.