Dismiss Chrome New Tab page messages. Open Chrome and in the URL bar, enter the following. Tap enter and you'll be taken to the Chrome flags page. In the search bar on this page, enter 'promo' and you will see a flag called “Dismiss promos on the New Tab Page”.
- How do I change the new tab page in Chrome?
- How do I customize my new tab page?
- How do I turn off new tabs in Chrome?
- How do I stop Chrome from showing thumbnails?
- How do I get rid of most visited on Google Chrome?
- How do I make Google my new tab page in edge?
- How do I make Chrome open links in a new tab?
- How do I set Chrome to open links in a new tab automatically?
- How do I get rid of new tab search?
- What is the shortcut key to open a new tab?
How do I change the new tab page in Chrome?
Choose your homepage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. Settings.
- Under "Advanced," tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome's homepage or a custom page.
How do I customize my new tab page?
Choose your homepage
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under "Appearance," turn on Show Home button.
- Below "Show Home button," choose to use the New Tab page or a custom page.
How do I turn off new tabs in Chrome?
Click on the Menu and then click on Settings. Keep scrolling down until you find the Systems part. Click to disable the option that allows apps to run in the background without launching chrome.
How do I stop Chrome from showing thumbnails?
Disable automatic thumbnails:
Click Look and feel, and then click the Thumbnails tab. Switch Thumbnails in search results to OFF.
How do I get rid of most visited on Google Chrome?
All you have to do is clear your browsing history. Click the Chrome icon on in the top-right corner of your browser, select “History”, then “Clear All Browsing Data.” Done.
How do I make Google my new tab page in edge?
To do so, click on the triple dotted icon at the top right corner of Edge window, then select Extensions. To enable the “New Google Tab” extension, click on the toggle button next to it to turn it on. Once it's turned on, the new tab page in Edge will automatically be configured to always open in Google.com.
How do I make Chrome open links in a new tab?
Open a new tab
- Windows & Linux: Ctrl + click a link.
- Mac: ⌘ + click a link.
How do I set Chrome to open links in a new tab automatically?
Go to chrome Home Page. Click on Settings which you can find at the end of the page. Save the settings and close. After this setting you will see each link you click will open in a new tab.
How do I get rid of new tab search?
Type chrome://settings in the Chrome address bar and press 'Enter' to open Chrome Settings menu; In the 'Extensions' tab find New Tab Search and click on a trash can picture. Please also check if there are other suspicious extensions that you don't use or you don't know where they came from, and remove these as well.
What is the shortcut key to open a new tab?
Open New Tab Shortcut
To open a new tab, hold Command and press T. For PC, hold Ctrl and press T.